You name the sport, especially if it is a team sport, and I have probably done it, but my main sport is biking (road or mountain), however, I have the competition gene. I have played Div.1 basketball, been on a National Championship soccer team, and have competed in many adventure races.
I got into CrossFit after hearing about this “new kind of workout that you just have to try” while in Africa on a Kilimanjaro/Safari trip. My first workout was some variation of Angie. I was told I would not be able to walk for about a week without pain. Well, that got me intrigued! This was in the early CrossFit San Jose days before an Elements class, and though difficult, I was immediately hooked and have not looked back since. (And yes I could not walk for a week.)
I believe that you train to excel at life.
Certifications and athletic accomplishments:
- Cross Fit Level 1
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility
- High School – first female to win 4 sport MVP
- Collegiate Basketball – All Conference Ist team and State Champions
- Club Soccer, Select Northern California Teams and Over-Thirty National Championships
- Adventure Racing – Sprint, 24 hr and Expedition Races
- Road Riding – 2 time winner of the California Triple Crown (more then 3 double centuries in a year), Hall of Fame Furnace Creek 508 inductee
- Mt Biking – Leadville 100 finisher, 24 hr team and 8hr Solo winner
- 2012 Crossfit Masters Champion