Athletically, I will play any sport, preferably involving no water, frozen water or me being above water. I have participated in endurance events (AIDS/Lifecycle Ride, The Relay, Half Marathons, etc.) and shorter events such as Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons, 5Ks and10Ks. I enjoy snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking and wakeboarding in the summer. I am an athlete that will push myself to my limits in order to achieve a personal record or hang back to encourage others. I will be an athlete for life.
I was roped into CrossFit about 4 years ago by Julie Martinez who is known to some as “The Mutant.” She knew I had a competitive spirit and was looking to “get in shape” for my first triathlon. I could not do a pull up, a push up or throw a 10lb wall ball to save my life. The competitive nature of CrossFit really pushed me to meet my goals. I will forever be thankful to her for bringing me into this family of like-minded and unconditional loving people and for helping me become the happiest, healthiest and fittest I have ever been.
Exercise must be enjoyable. As a middle school teacher and a CrossFit trainer I strongly believe in creating a safe environment where my students can succeed, no matter what their goal may be. I will push you to believe in yourself and then do what you never thought was physically possible.
Certifications and athletic accomplishments
- BS Exercise Physiology
- MA Education
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Nutrition
- National Federation of State High School Associations Coaching Certificate
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- AIDS/Lifecycle Ride – 585 mile bike ride from SF to LA
- The Relay (twice) – 199 mile team run from Calistoga to Santa Cruz
- San Jose Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon (twice) and San Francisco Half Marathon
- WildFlower Olympic and Sprint Distance Triathlon (Five times)
- Mermaid Tri’s and runs (15+) – Sprint and double sprints, 5k &10k runs
- Other triathlons – Folsom International, Silicon Valley International, Tri Girl Tri, Catalina Triathlon…..